Excessive keratin on skin can cause keratosis. Our hair and nails is made of keratin. Human nails and hair is made up of keratin. This is a factor to keratosis’ coarseness and bumpiness. Keratosis can be improved, if not completely removed, in a wide array of treatments available. All you have to do is to consult a dermatologist and be knowledgeable of the type of keratosis you have.
Treatments for Actinic Keratosis
Since actinic keratosis appear like warts, they can be removed by surgery or just drugs to make them fall off.
• The actinic keratosis is frozen off in a method called cryosurgery. Once it is frozen and stiff, it is easier to remove.
• In contrast of cryosurgery, electrocautery blazes off the affected area.
• Laser treatments for AK is very effective.
• Aldara is used for warts, but it can be also used for actinic keratosis. It is a kind of drug which amends the immune response.
• Although 5 Flouracil is a chemotherapy instrument, it can be also used for AK. It is an emulsion, usually in ointment form that is applied to the AK to make it fall off by itself.
Treatments for Keratosis Pilaris
Commonly, KP is portrayed as chicken skin. They are sometimes mistaken for acne. Although there is no recognized cure for KP yet, it can be improved through the following procedures.
• The use of creams with Tretinoin, the acid form of vitamin A can help alleviate this condition. This kind of treatment is also used for acne. It works by rushing skin growth, so that keratin will not overproduce on skin. It is less probably that keratin won’t be collected in hair follicles and clog them.
• Adapelene is a retinoid which moderates keratinization. Adapelene also exfoliates dead skin.
Treatments for Seborrheic Keratosis
Seborrheic keratosis and actinic keratosis are almost the same, but in this case seborrheic keratosis is oily. Seborrheic keratosis is somewhat associated to the sebaceous glands, thus has greasy properties. It may seem harmless, but its effects on one’s confidence are bad. To get rid of this, the procedures are cited below.
• Cryotherapy is also used for SK situations.
• Curettage is a method that uses a medical apparatus called the curette. Sometimes curettage is combined with cryosurgery for efficiency.
• Seborrheic keratosis can also be removed via laser treatments.
• Another variety of SK treatment is electrocautery, which is also combined with curettage.
Go and feel free to ask your doctor what kind of treatment is most appropriate what type of treatment is suited for you.
Treatments For Keratosis
excessive keratin on skin can cause keratosis. Our hair and nails is made of keratin. Human nails and hair is made up of keratin. This is a factor to keratosis’ coarseness and bumpiness. Keratosis can be improved, if not completely removed, in a wide array of treatments available. All you have to do is to consult a dermatologist and be knowledgeable of the type of keratosis you have.